The geotechnical needs of DOTs and other agencies responsible for roads and bridges are vast. Issues include: Culvert repair Soil stabilization Void filling Concrete slab lifting Sinkhole remediation Slope control Slough control in tunneling
Protecting concrete usually means shielding it from the elements of nature or from harsh manmade chemicals. But it’s not just concrete that needs such protection. Corrugated metal pipe, steel surfaces, material hoppers, rail cars and masonry all can come in contact with corrosive or abrasive materials or harsh conditions.
Prime Flex Hydro Gel™ SX is a versatile, easy-to-use single-component, water activated, hydrophilic polyurethane injection resin for sealing actively leaking joints and cracks in below-grade concrete structures. It forms either a closed cell, watertight foam or impermeable gel depending on the water to resin mix ratio. Cured material remains flexible and has excellent adhesion. It can also be used for soil binding for slough control. Independently tested and verified to meet NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for contact with potable water.
• Certified for contact with potable water
• Low viscosity yields quicker reaction and superior mix, especially in cold water
• Forms flexible foam or gel with excellent adhesion
• Versatile and easy to use; seals tight or wide cracks
• High elongation allows for thermal or structural movement
• Can be used with oakum to seal wide gaps
• Non-flammable, non-corrosive
• Available in convenient cartridges. Quick Mix cartridge jump starts the reaction; ideal for cold water applications.
• Can be used underwater
When cured, Prime Flex Hydro Gel™ SX exhibits a tensile elongation (ASTM D-1564) of 100%-150%, with no shrinkage when in contact with water and no toxicity. Properties will vary depending on application conditions.
5 gallon pails
10 oz. Single Shot cartridge (case of 20)
1:1 Quick Mix cartridge (case of 10 includes Gel Reinforcing Agent)